Great Opportunities for Shoals Area Entrepreneurs!!!
October 11, 2016
- SHOALS ALABAMA LAUNCHPAD
- Shoals Alabama Launchpad is for new, independent ventures in the pre-seed, seed, startup or early-growth stages, or for the expansion of an existing business into a new high-growth market.
- Ventures that have raised equity capital totaling $1 million or more from sources other than team members or their friends and families, or that have realized more than $3 million in sales in the 12 months immediately preceding the competition are not eligible.
- This is a 4-month long process that includes an application, business plan submission and two live pitches. There will be two “cuts” along the way.
- Businesses who make it to the finale may receive a share of $100,000! Awards and amounts will be determined by the six-person judging panel.
- More information can be found online at Shoals Alabama Launchpad or on Facebook
- The deadline to apply is October 17th.
- IDEA AUDITION
- Shoals Idea Audition is for ANYONE WITH AN IDEA. You are not being judged on the viability of your business, but by the ingenuity represented by your pitch.
- Ventures that have raised equity capital totaling $250,000 or more from sources other than team members or team members’ friends and families, or that have realized more than $750,000 in sales in the twelve (12) months immediately preceding the competition are not eligible.
- Entrants will receive “pitch training” and will pitch their idea to a group of judges during a one-night competition on Thursday, November 17th.
- First-prize is $5,000! Second place is $2,500 and third place is $1,000.
- More information and applications can be found online at Shoals Idea Audition or on Facebook
- The deadline to apply is November 6th.
You may apply for both of these competitions if your business fits the stated guidelines for each.
If you have any questions about Idea Audition or Shoals Alabama Launchpad, please do not hesitate to contact me at (256) 764-4661 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please share this information with anyone you know who may be interested. I hope to see many of you apply!
This entry was posted in News and tagged economic development in alabama, Economic Development in the Shoals, economic development in the Shoals area, Entrepreneurship, shoals economic development, Shoals Economic Development Authority, shoals entrepreneurial center, small business in the Shoals, Start a business in the Shoals. Bookmark the permalink.