Social Media Marketing Stats for 2017
May 24, 2017
Social Media Business Statistics
1. Instagram earns $595 million in mobile ad revenue per year, a rapidly increasing number.
2. Despite news of layoffs and executives leaving the company, Twitter’s revenue is up 8% YOY
3. 59% of Americans with social media accounts think that customer service through social media has made it easier to get questions answered and issues resolved.
4. Over 50 million businesses use Facebook Business Pages.
5. 2 million business use to Facebook for advertising.
6. Facebook’s total revenue grew 56% in 2016, and advertising revenue grew 59%.
7. 93% of Pinterest users use the platform to plan or make purchases.
8. 39% of LinkedIn users pay for monthly premium accounts.
9. Pinterest drives 25% of all retail website referral traffic.
10. More than 56% of online adults use more than one social media platform.
Social Media Content Statistics
1. Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks than tweets without images.
2. 100 million food and 146 fashion boards exist on Pinterest.
3. On LinkedIn, 98% of posts with images receive more comments and posts with links have a 200% higher engagement rate.
4. There are about 81 million fake Facebook accounts and about 5% of twitter accounts are bogus.
5. 100 million hours of video content are watched on Facebook daily.
6. More than 1 million LinkedIn users have published long-form content, with 160,000 long-form posts being published weekly. and over 19.7 million SlideShare presentations have been uploaded to the platform.
7. 88% of businesses with more than 100 employees use twitter for marketing purposes.
8. The user-submitted YouTube video with the most views is “Charlie bit my finger” with over 845 million views.
9. Pizza is the most widely instagrammed food, directly ahead of steak and sushi.
10. Blogging continues to grow, with over 409 million people viewing more than 23.6 billion pages each month on WordPress alone.
**This information is an excerpt from an article published on WordStream.com
For more interesting stats check out this cool infographic from Red Website Design.
This entry was posted in News and tagged economic development, shoals economic development, shoals entrepreneurial center, Social Media Business Stats, Start a Business in Florence, Start a business in the Shoals. Bookmark the permalink.